This event with Martin Ucik is hosted by Internations in English only (Etkinlik yalnızca İngilizce olarak düzenlenmiştir).
Visit their website at www.internations.org/activity-group/19784/activity/331116?ref=cal_ac_li to register or send an email to email@example.com to receive an invitation.
If you don’t want to register, you may still attend (fee is 40TL).
Sunday May 5th, 15:00 to 18:00, followed by optional group dinner.
Nea Yaşam Merkezi
Poyracık Sk. No28, D15, K4
Teşvikiye Mah –
above Lazibore Restaurant
Mindfulness is an intentional present moment to moment awareness that is not judgmental.
Mindfulness is a groundbreaking new technique that combines leading-edge discoveries in neuroscience and developmental psychology with Eastern methods of meditation and awakening.
A Mindfulness Practice provides you with the following benefits:
1. Body Regulation: Normalize accelerators and breaks of your autonomous nervous system to function more harmoniously to increase energy and lower stress.
2. Attuned Communication: Increases perception of another person’s signals and your ability to consciously respond instead of unconsciously re-acting.
3. Emotional Balance: Integrate your emotional centers of the brainstem and limbic regions by attuning fibers that prevent emotions from getting out of control and chaotic, while staying empathetic and retaining vitality and meaning.
4. Response Flexibility: Allows you to pause before you act. You can then effectively choose from an increasing amount of options and the most effective and appropriate responses.
5. Insight: Reveals how you connect the past with the present and anticipated future. Becoming mindful about this continuity across time allows you to become the active author of our own story and future.
6. Empathy and Compassion. Promotes understanding of another person’s feelings and point of view by having an image of another person’s mind and emotional state in our own mind through activation of mirror neurons.
7. Fear Modulation: Overcome fears and trauma by strengthening fibers who transport inhibitory peptides that diminish the uncontroled firing of the Amygdala.
8. Accessing Intuition: Bring the wisdom of the body (neural networks around bowl and heart) and the unconscious mind into mindful awareness for increased creativity and problem solving.
9. Morality: Act in support of the larger social good, even when you are alone, to promote long-term well-being, harmony, peace, and success.
Our afternoon will begin with an introduction to mindfulness. This will be followed by a guided subject-object meditation that takes you through four zones of mindful awareness, as taught for example at Harvard Medical and Business School. Our group will end with sharing, questions and answers, and a closing chant.
Martin Ucik was born in Germany where he began meditating in 1989. He moved to California in 1995 where he met spiritual teacher Eckhart Tolle in 2000 and trained with him as a “Power of Now” group facilitator. He later wrote two acclaimed books that are based in Ken Wilber’s Integral philosophy of human growth and potentials and read in over 30 countries. Martin facilitates mindfulness, communication, and relationship groups throughout the world.
Please register at www.internations.org/activity-group/19784/activity/331116?ref=cal_ac_li or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an invitation.
Etkinlik yalnızca İngilizce olarak düzenlenmiştir.