Image above: Five State/Stages of Waking Up and Eight Stages of Growing Up (a.k.a. Wilber-Combs Matrix/Lattice)
Experience five state-stages of spiritual development or waking up and how they are interpreted from eight levels of consciousness development or growing up .
These insights are essential for understanding why we may deeply resonate and fall in love with a partner on a spiritual level, but struggle to co-create a healthy love relationship because of differing needs, values, concerns, and world-views, and spiritual bypassing.
- Learn about and experience five state-stages of spiritual development through a guided meditation.
- Strengthen your witnessing self or subject by becoming present with objects and disidentify (not dissociating, repressing, or splitting-off) from Ego desires, attachments, and hatreds/delusions on the material/physical, mental, emotional, and even awakened/enlightened level.
- Integrate these four levels of spiritual realization (gross, subtle, causal, and pure witness) in non-dual awareness.
- Explore how these five state-stages of spiritual realization (waking up) are interpreted by people at eight different levels of consciousness development or maturity (growing up).
- Locate yourself and your partner in the Wilber-Combs Matrix above.
- Stop conflating spiritual development with consciousness development.
- Avoid spiritual bypassing, including exaggerated detachment, emotional numbing and repression, overemphasis on the positive, anger-phobia, blind or overly tolerant compassion, weak or to porous boundaries, lopsided development (cognitive intelligence being far ahead of emotional and moral intelligence), debilitating judgment about one’s negativity or shadow elements, devaluation of the personal relative to the spiritual, and delusions of having arrived at the highest level of being or enlightenment.
These insights allow you to further grow and awaken in your love relationship with a compatible partner.